View Single Post

Garage
So, the Zeitronix install is complete except for the O2 sensor bung welding that I need some help with.

With the exception of RPM reading problems (previous post), the hole install was really straight forward. My laptop can log data, and everything worked at first try.

I hate lose cables in the car and nasty home made connections under the dash, so I made two sets of wiring looms, one to the engine compartment and one to the fusebox, all wrapped in shrink tube. It makes the installation much more tidy. I included a couple of extra wires for future use...

I mounted the Zeitronix controller and the connections under the passenger seat. The wires to the engine is routed through the transmission linkage tunnel, and over the transmission and in to the engine together with the reverse signal from the tranny.

I mounted the connectors next to the rear-right shock tower.

Temporary mounting of the MAP behind (or actually in front of) the WUR

MAP signal from hose between throtle body and WUR with a simple T-connector.

Very simple installation under pass. seat compared to some of the other installations I've seen here on the forum. Spare cables for future use...

The LCD display is made for the ashtray location. Easy double sided tape install for now. Good display with excellent contrast, and user defined parameters; here with default settinggs

I'm impressed with the simple install, and the nice kit from Zeitronix. I know most of the crowd here prefers the LM-x from Innovate, but seeing that many have problems with the install I opted for Zeitronix. Good price too.

The downside to the Zeitronix, is that you have to use a computer to log data. No internal buffering. So, I have started a project to make a small battery driven dongle to connect to the Zeitronix serial port. This will hopefully log to a small built- in micro SD reader in the dongle.
1972 BMW 3.0S
Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)