View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Guys, you're confusing the functions of the BOV and Wastegate. The BOV relieves boosted air pressure and it opens in response to a vacuum signal when the throttle body is closed (as in taking your foot off the gas). The WG opens in response to boost pressure against a pre-determined spring tension (stock .8 bar). It, in turn, allows exhaust gasses to vent before they reach the turbo, thus stopping any more boost from building.

For most people that have their cars setup with updated BOV's, most choose not to vent to atmosphere for good reasons with CIS injection. But for EFI, that may be acceptable. In my opinion, it's better to put that boost pressure (divert it, vs. venting it) back to the front intake side of the turbo to prevent sudden turbo stalling when all that pressurized air trys to force itself backwards back through the turbo when the throttle body is suddenly closed.
I would have said that if I had the english vocabulary to do so -and actually knew what I am talking about
Seriously: doesn't it look as if the BOV isn't hooked up to the TB (vacum line)???

Jesper
Old 11-04-2010, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)