View Single Post

Premonitions of the dreaded rock kind

So I'm tooling down the road this lovely cool morning, on the way to work, hugging the right side of the road as is my usual rock avoidance strategy when the "big rigs" roar past in the opposite lane. Said to myself "self, it's just a matter of time before I suck one up".

Don't ever say those words to yourself, 'cause not 5 minutes later I've got this tennis ball-sized star on the passenger side. I mean, this thing wasn't your run of the mill rock....it was a freakin' asteroid! Pissed me off to no end, but what's a person to do?

The question: Where are you guys getting your windshields from? Is it critical to go OEM and pay through the nose for a piece of glass, or have you had good luck with glass of the Asian Persuasion? I believe my 'shield is tinted as the rest of the windows are...any reference to the level of tint that I should get?

I've replaced only two windshields in cars over my lifetime. Is this something DIY, or better trusted to some crackhead junkie that doesn't know a Porsche from a Volkswagen?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 07-28-2011 at 08:25 AM..
Old 07-28-2011, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)