View Single Post

Installing Kokeln Intercooler

I am installing a Kokeln Intercooler (thanks Cole930) in my 86 930 this weekend and have a few questions. First off, this is an 86, and I have removed all smog.

1)First Picture: The first question I have, is when I removed the smog, i left this one micro switch plugged in that has one vacuum line going to intake, and the other going to the retard of the dist. Can I just remove this switch and run one vacuum line from the retard to the intake?

2)No Picture: I have removed the AAV and will plug the large "port" on the side of the intake. I will use the 90 degree elbow that screws into the side of the Intercooler to go to the BOV. Is this ok?

3) Second - Fourth Picture: This is where I am getting confused. There is a "Y" pipe that comes up form the manifold (i have one side plugged), and went to the Decel Valve and the old BOV. The center pipe of the Decel connected to the one silver pipe that points straight up from the manifold, and the off center pipe on the decel went over to the old BOV. The other part of the silver "Y" (the part that is plugged) went to the other side of the OLD BOV. The Vacuum port on the Decel connected to the intake. As stated above, I will be using the 965 style recirc BOV that plugs in to the large elbow pipe off the throttle body. Not sure how to connect the Decel valve. Do I need it? Can I vent it to atmosphere?

Last edited by timc; 08-18-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)