View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Turtle,

Yes, you need the engine to be in the same position to make the engine mount line up, plus the engine cooling tins / sheetmetal, exhaust, etc.

The Turbo's case, engine console (steel bracket around the pulley) and engine mount crossbar are dimensionally the same as the Carrera's.

If you put the engine & gearbox into the chassis, are you saying the transmission crossmember holes do not line up with the chassis' holes?
Is your gearbox clearing the torsion tube housing completely?

As far as I know, only the 1987 chassis had 2 sets of gearbox mounting holes depending if the car got a Turbo/4-sp or Carrera/G50 drive train.
mine is an 88 and has 2 sets of holes about an inch apart.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 09-05-2011, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)