View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SIK930 View Post
Mark,
Now that you've had your decel valve vented to atmosphere for some time now, what do you think?
Did you cap off the intake manifold? Yep. See the attached picture of the mouse-nest as I did my recircvalve delete thing. Look at the inner bend of the turbo air intake hose elbow and you'll see the original large vacuum hose capped and tapped with a smaller vacuum hose which I am using to actuate the BOV (in this pict I hadn't yet installed the decel valve)

Are you getting more or less exhaust popping? I never really had any popping prior to the delete, and now I might get a pop or two once in awhile. So I guess maybe just a little more popping but not at all obnoxious.

Do you ever have a problem coming to a stop and the engine dying?(something I heard about from doing this) No issues there. I would think a simple mixture adjustment would remedie that.
I run a small air filter attached to the free end of the decel valve, just as insurance against drawing in any unfiltered air.

Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)