View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff NJ View Post
I wanted a 930 since I was 12, recently went through a rough divorce, and knew I couldn't buy one until it was through, so the divorce was finalized in August, and a 930 in my garage in November. My toy for me and I will do what I want with it because I have learned (the hard way) that withholding enjoyment now for possible payoff later is a bad way to go through life. Life has a funny way of not turning out like you thought, so I (as much as is prudent), now live in the present. This car is just one way that I am now expressing that newfound opinion.
Jeff, we are two peas in a pod! This car started out exactly as your 930 for the exact same reasons. I purchased it 1 year out from a divorce as a present to 'me'! People seriously questioned why I would mod it (much less to the 8.5 sec. 160 mph 1/4 mile car it is now). I simply look at them and, as you describe, say this is how I want it and makes me smile every time!

My 930 was my father's and is the car that lead to the one above (and all my other speed-fix cars). Mine will stay stock but only because I want to preserve the one family, stock lineage. Otherwise, I'd be considering ALL of your mods.

Here's dad back in the day....

And the car today...

Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)