View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche930dude View Post
yeah that tranny isnt going to hold up especially with that high gearing. are you sure it isnt a 5 speed? maybe they just took out 2 gears because they exploded lol. iv done that before. a 5hp briggs with a torque converter will move it along just fine. youre going to have to regear it for sure. thats a crazy setup. youll have to flip that diff around to get the sprocket on the right side. but looks like thats the least of youre problems right now
The Peerless has two forward speeds and one reverse. Not really going to change much. The engine surprisingly needs to be a vertical shaft setup so it runs down underneath with a sprocket that drives a sprocket on the underside of the Peerless. The outputs in a vertical plane down to the diff the drive shaft has two sprockets on each end which drive down to the rear wheels down on the end of the trailing arms. Weird set up but I want to keep it as original as possible. Problem is I don't know what that is so I have had to go with the way it came to me.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)