View Single Post

Ok, figured it out.

Let me start this by saying I want to really back date this and make it as barebones as possible. It's a seasonal car so no washer and no intermittent wiper.

That being said I figured out how to park WITHOUT the intermittent relay!!

On the back side of the wiper motor you have the "parking switch" that has a white wire and a blue wire connected to it. What I failed to realize was there was also a ground.

When you pull the cover off you can get an idea of how it works.

When the motor travels through it's cycle it has about 355 degrees of contact with the white to blue wire and then it settles into the "park" position and then blue wire goes to ground. Effectively making a reversing polarity switch. I am guessing that this is used to get those 3 full sweeps of the wipers after you hit the windshield washer.

so as you can see, there are 3 contacts....

so, in the factory setting and all 3 contacts in place, the red/white wire goes to the blue wire and while the wiper is not parked you have 12v going through the switch to the white wire that goes to terminal 53e. When the motor hits the park position, the white wire goes to ground. So terminal 53e is now grounded.

So what I did to make this motor work the way I need it to was to cut the contact that goes to ground so that terminal 53e will ONLY be 12v+ for the cycle and NEVER go to ground.

I then built a jumper from terminal 53e to the black/violet (intermittent) wire in.

So during the sweep of the motor, no matter what switch is on (low or high) the black/violet wire gets ignition switched 12v+. So if you were turn the wipers off, they will still have 12v to return to home.

I will just have one "dead" position on my wiper switch which I will deal with.

As for the washer pull switch, I am using this for the horn (removable wheel).
Old 11-23-2014, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)