View Single Post

Hate to be the forum dick - I usually just leave that to Paul and Ronnie - but, sorry, if you don't post pics the car doesn't exist.

As for the build of your (currently alleged) 930's engine, I agree that a standard sealing of the case is all you'll need for the level of build you propose. Sealing the case and timing the cams were the two items that caused me the most angst going into my build. Like you, I've built many engines over the years, but my 930 build was (is, actually, as the engine is built but not yet installed) my first Porsche. I can assemble an old school American short block in an afternoon but quickly confirmed what I knew going in; this ain't no old school American V8!

On the power end of things, I would suspect you'll easily meet your HP desires with the combination you spelled out. I certainly hope so, as your proposed build is very similar to mine, except that, along with Rarlyl8 headers, a K27 (also from Brian), SC grind cams, 1 bar spring, Andial Racing intercooler etc. I decided to twin plug my heads - something you should at least consider.

Okay, time for those pics!
By United States Marines.

Last edited by nkowi; 01-03-2015 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 01-03-2015, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)