View Single Post

Thank you for the compliments. The paint, although original and in nice shape , does have numerous stone chips on the nose. The orig. owner was from NJ and probably spent a lot of time on the NJ pike. Having lived there a couple years it's easy to understand. With what these cars are doing value wise I'm hesitant to do any non-reversible mods such as twin plugs. Re. the loctite 574, my concern is not with sealing since I'd use the threebond on the case perimeter. My concern with the 574 on the main webs is the potential for opening up the main clearances since the 574 starts to skim so quickly, my understanding is that it starts to cure as soon as it contacts metal. The only reason for the 574 on the webs is to glue the webs together to create a stiffer case assembly, correct? Don't the case through-bolt o-rings take care of the sealing? Has anyone ever plastigaged the mains without the 574 on the webs and then taken the same case and plastigage again with the 574 on the webs? Maybe I'll try that just to see if there is any difference. No shuffle pins req'd is good news.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)