View Single Post

Lol, fortunately I have a son on hand to do the pedal work!

Overnight soaking and vice grips did the trick. The box end worked on the other side, but it barely fit (maybe they made thinner walled wrenches in Germany in 1982). The car is an '82, btw. I've ordered replacement valves, at least they're only $3 each. I'll mix up a batch of acetone/t-fluid the next time I buy some transmission fluid. This isn't the first time I've run into a stuck nut or bolt on this car

Bleeding is done and the brakes are nice and tight! I put the old valves back on but I'll replace them later this week when the new ones arrive.

I'm not complaining, because I think this board is amazing, but I do wish Wayne would update his book, or at least make the online articles more up to date with all the information that's here in the forum. Sometimes I just can't find what I'm looking for with a search, or if it's there I have to pour through pages and pages of non-related posts. Had I known, for example, that having a pair of $3 valves on hand before starting would have been a good idea it would have saved me time and grief.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2015, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)