Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Blue vs Black Semi-Solid Engine/Trans mounts

While I have the engine out of my car I want to replace my original engine and transmission mounts.

I'm looking at the Weo semi-solid engine and transmission mounts and want to get some opinions on the blue vs the black mount "pillows".

The black are supposed to be a little softer.

This is primarily a street car, mountain twisties up in north ga, occasionally some track time on the local rent-a-track in Dahlonega.

Blues all around? Blue on the engine and black on the tranny? Black all around?
Old 08-21-2018, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have black on the engine mounts from wevo and black from rebel racing on the transmission mounts. Never experienced the blue ones.. but the black ones have been great for spirited mountain driving. I'd vote black since it's a street car.
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing sphericals front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 08-21-2018, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
If I'm not mistaken, the 930 transmission mount still needs extensive modifications to accept the 911 style semi-solid mounts. That is what stopped me from doing that years ago.

At that time Wevo would do the modifications to your supplied tranny cross member mount, if you sent it to them, or they had a kit for the D.I.Y. crowd.

I have their semi-solid {blue} engine mounts, and like them a lot.

Mark
Old 08-21-2018, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
I don't know if this helps, but I purchased the Stomski engine and transmission mounts. Mainly because I like matching parts, you get all three bushing options and the Stomski transmission mount is a simple up-grade, without welding, verses the others.
Anyway; I used the Red medium bushings and I don't get any added vibration or engine noise, but I do get more gear noise from the transmission. I may switch the transmission to black.

The best part with the Stomski kit is you get all three levels of bushing so you can switch it if you hate it.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Wevo says use the black for the transmission and blue for the engine. Blue on the transmission to much road noise
Old 08-21-2018, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have the Rebel Racing ones. I called them when I pulled my motor and they suggested Blue for the engine and black for the trans mounts. I had no issue replacing them myself and did not need to modify the trans mount assy. Not sure if the blue/black for RR is the same as Wevo.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the 930 transmission mount still needs extensive modifications to accept the 911 style semi-solid mounts.

At that time Wevo would do the modifications to your supplied tranny cross member mount, if you sent it to them, or they had a kit for the D.I.Y. crowd.

Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
Wevo says use the black for the transmission and blue for the engine. Blue on the transmission to much road noise

Both correct, I sent my tranny mount to Wevo for the mod.. opted for the powder-coat option w/black pillows. Blue on engine as stated.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 08-31-2018, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Another WEVO black on trans, blue on engine combo here, seems to be the preferred set up for most guys I've heard of.
1975 Carrera / 965 tribute w/ 1989 3.3 turbo 8.5:1, custom Evergreen K27 7200, 964 cams, euro CIS, TEC1 dual plug, rarlyL8 headers & hooligan pipe. 915/68 trans, kevlar clutch and lightweight pressure plate.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I've ordered the Rebel Racing blue for engine mounts and black for the trans that require no modifications to the transmission mount. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: