Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

AAR - signal air

Hi guys, I知 planning out the install of a euro CIS system on my 911SC. I値l be running light boost and will initially try no intercooler. I値l also likely be running a K&N or other more compact air cleaner.

Without an intercooler or large airbox, where should I draw the 都ignal air for the AAR? Could I just put a cheap breather on the hose to filter the air and call it good? Any better solutions out there?

As always, thanks for your help!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigchuck View Post
Hi guys, I知 planning out the install of a euro CIS system on my 911SC. I値l be running light boost and will initially try no intercooler. I値l also likely be running a K&N or other more compact air cleaner.

Without an intercooler or large airbox, where should I draw the 都ignal air for the AAR? Could I just put a cheap breather on the hose to filter the air and call it good? Any better solutions out there?

You mean the WUR aka control pressure regulator?

Unported intake pressure, so off the throttle body below the butterfly, or maybe brake booster line. I forget on the SC what connections are available. Worst case, drill and tap the intake for a fitting.
'86 no-sunroof 930 coupe: Emissions removed, FrankenCIS controlling eWUR, lambda, COP ignition, and EBC. SC cams, K-27/29, Tial 0.8bar, TK Longneck intercooler, RarlyL8 headers and dual-outlet hooligan
'14 Jaguar XK-R: Bullet proof windscreen, rotating number plates (valid all European countries), martini mixer, whatever you do don't press this red button!
Old 05-15-2019, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

No, this is the large (probably 1/2") hose from the "front" (rear bumper side) of the auxiliary air regulator. I think the other end would typically connect to the IC. So in typing this, I may have answered my own question - it probably needs metered air otherwise why would they plumb to the IC.

Any additional input would be appreciated though!
Old 05-15-2019, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
yes just the source of metered air to "leak" in via the AAR, not signal
'86 no-sunroof 930 coupe: Emissions removed, FrankenCIS controlling eWUR, lambda, COP ignition, and EBC. SC cams, K-27/29, Tial 0.8bar, TK Longneck intercooler, RarlyL8 headers and dual-outlet hooligan
'14 Jaguar XK-R: Bullet proof windscreen, rotating number plates (valid all European countries), martini mixer, whatever you do don't press this red button!
Old 05-15-2019, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Could I just put a cheap breather on the hose to filter the air and call it good? Any better solutions out there?

Shouldn稚 do that because that air would be unmetered and the CIS is not adding fuel to adjust for it.

I did exactly what you suggest but with an EFI system with speed density where it is ok to do that.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks, guys. I was talking with another member and was wondering whether I could hook into the aluminum tube coming out of the driver's side of the intake manifold. Since I won't be using the bypass/diverter system, I think these lines will otherwise be capped. This would be metered air, but would also be coming from below the throttle body.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The supply air TO the AAR must be downstream of the air metering plate but upstream of the throttle plate. The air FROM the AAR goes into the intake manifold downstream of the throttle plate.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Excellent! Thanks, boosted.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Thanks, guys. I was talking with another member and was wondering whether I could hook into the aluminum tube coming out of the driver's side of the intake manifold. Since I won't be using the bypass/diverter system, I think these lines will otherwise be capped. This would be metered air, but would also be coming from below the throttle body.
That line is for your brake booster. The AAR needs to go from one side of the throttle butterfly to the other I think Not sure it does much good if its from the same side
Old 05-18-2019, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: