Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

seeking input, Pagid RS19 vs. RS29

Anybody have any experience/objective testing data with these Pagid compounds?
Bullet Racing #22 GT3 Cup
Old 02-02-2007, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Resident brake expert Verburg has subscribed as I had hoped, over on the 911 forum, for any of you that are interested or have anything to share.
Bullet Racing #22 GT3 Cup
Old 02-02-2007, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sorry Randy - don't have any useful input but I'm subscribing.

I had experience with the old Pagid Orange - too temperamental.
I prefer PFC97 - I drive my car to/from track as well (but no "normal" street driving), and the PFC works way better because they dont need as much temp as the Pagid and its more quiet for my car.

Only down side is: it allegedly is not as rotor friendly as the newer Pagid (though its about half the price).
Old 02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Me like track days

Since I sell both...

Actual-use reports back to me are the RS19 and RS29 are fairly similar, with the RS29 having more initial bite - ie it has been reported back that they are 'grabby' and not in favor vs. the RS19.

I probably sell the RS19 in a ratio of about 30:1 over the RS29 -- and the guys who have bought the RS29 usually don't re-purchase the 29s, instead choosing the RS19s. YMMV.

PFC pads are generally thought to be excellent pads, with Pagids frankly residing on the top of the heap. For pure track use, the yellows last a long time and take a real beating - AND tend to be quite kind to rotors. And usually howl like a banshee on the street. The (RS14) blacks are great track pads, but tend to munch on rotors at a higher rate than one may like...

Cooling is of primo importance with any high friction pad, the yellows really require superior cooling. I'd highly recommend a fan setup.

Something to consider is the possibility that the thermal capacity of the discs may have been exceeded -
Old 02-03-2007, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: