Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost Freak

Garage
Angry One of the problems found in the PPI is my muffler rattles internally

..... it's like WTF? it couldn't have been cheap muffler to purchase. Something broke loose inside. I have no idea what brand it is, but it's a stainless oval shape input and output from the same side, single exhaust. If I can figure out the brand name, maybe there is a warranty? I guess too, I could have the end cut off, reweld the offending pipes inside and then reweld the end piece back on.

It makes the car sound like a 58 Ford Edsel everytime I hit a bump.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Solution: Remove muffler, install zork tube (6 inch pipe straight out the back of car), gain 12 hp PLUS much faster turbo spooling.

Also saves the entire weight of the muffler off the back of your car.

A guy at this site sells them in the high grade stainless steel, 321.

Your car might shoot flames briefly when you let off the throttle at high rpms, but the pipe points straight back from the car, so unless somebody is 3 feet behind you at full boost, it won't matter.

And if they are tailgating you at 110 mph, they will back off quickly!

The muffler is the least of your concerns, and you should make sure the shop looks for real problems. Rust on the frame, prior frame repair jobs, engine compression and leakdown, tranny condition.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Thumbs up

Cool, thanks, I'll have to look into that

All the major stuff passed inspection. Tranny synchos, leak down, no rust whatsoever, no collision damage, no oil leaks, electrical and all accessories function properly. I'll post some detail pics later on.

Last edited by Maxx1; 06-24-2007 at 10:19 AM..
Old 06-24-2007, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yes, you need to start the most important thread of your Pelican career!

Your newbie thread where you introduce your car officially and show us pictures and tell us all about it!

That is the tradition here!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by DDDD
Yes, you need to start the most important thread of your Pelican career!

Your newbie thread where you introduce your car officially and show us pictures and tell us all about it!

That is the tradition here!

ok, I'll have to whip out the camera and start there

Back to the Zork tube; I know the straightest shot out is the best for HP gain, but are there (non muffler) tubes that bend around the exit at the stock leftside location?

If I did pick a tube that exited out the center rear, are they designed to clear the rear panel but still give descent ground clearance?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rarlyl8 (Brian) is making custom mufflers, he has pictures on the thread called "930 without pants" which is still active on this first page of topics somewhere, and he posted about the zork on your other thread about what cars mess with porsches.

He can make a straight pipe to the normal location, and also he makes zorks.

Send him a Private message.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by DDDD
Rarlyl8 (Brian) is making custom mufflers, he has pictures on the thread called "930 without pants" which is still active on this first page of topics somewhere, and he posted about the zork on your other thread about what cars mess with porsches.

He can make a straight pipe to the normal location, and also he makes zorks.

Send him a Private message.
yeah, thanks. I saw that thread. I'll PM him.... I kind of want to keep my car stock looking for the most part
Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: