Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
how to check function of turbo scavenge pump

How would you test the oil scavenge pump for the turbo drain tank?
I am trying to see if I have a scavenge problem with my turbo oil tank scavenge pump which is driven off the driver side camshaft.
How do you check this without removving it from the engine. I would like to see if it is working properly on a running engine, and if there was a way of checking the flow rate.
I am not sure if this is root cause for my turbo blowing oil past the seals into the intercooler and eventually the intake.
Only seems to be a real issue at track events.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

get a clear jug/beer pitcher/ measuring cup (large). Fill it half way with oil, run a line from the scavenge pump line into the jug with the end being under oil. then put the jug under the turbo oil outlet. Depending on which way the oil level in the jug moves, you will have your answer.

Not sure how well this will work for you, but I saw a guy do something very similar on here to see how much oil was running from his drip tank
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: