Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
another stupid TOB question

84 930 --- bought a roller, bought all new clutch\pp\tob parts. There is no snap ring for the sachs TOB. We slid the TOB onto the transaxle splines and over the release fork. it now slid up and down the splines, we then mounted the transaxle. I thought there were more parts to the TOB, or that it was supposed to be fastened to the pressure plate? Maybe a 930 is different? Can someone advise if I missed a step?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

On my '87 there was no "snap ring" to hold the TOB to the pressure plate. The TOB fit's inside the pressure plate, situated so that the "ears" are sticking outward. When the tranny is bolted to the engine, you actually need to turn the TOB so that the ears engage with the clutch fork (inside the tranny bell housing). On the tranny there are a coule of inspection holes around the bellhousing that you can use to help turn the TOB ears - using a large/long screw driver. The ears on the TOB and the points on the fork are sort of wedge shaped so that when they mate togther, there is enough tension to keep the TOB in place.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 07-23-2007, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
That makes sense I think. So I have to take the pressure plate off and mount the TOB on the other side and push the ears through the center of the PP? However I think the parts diagram changes between you and mine years. I do have the long bell housing transaxle.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: