Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 transmssion problems

I've been looking for an early short bell housing 930 transmission or an early mainshaft so I can convert my transmission for use in a 77 911 coupe. So far, no response in the parts forum, so I thought I'd try the 930 forum in case someone here could help. Please let me know if you have either of these items or any suggestions on my problem.
Thanks,
Don
Old 09-10-2007, 12:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I replied to a similar post a short while back. The G50's seem to be in high demand. I had one in my car and when changing it to a G64/51 the G50 had a taker without me having to even suggest that it might be for sale.

If you cannot find an individual who can sell you one, it looks to me that van Zweeden in Holland has a lot of G50's available. Patrick Motorsports would definitely be able to help you here in the US. I don't know if they deal with used trannies though whereas van Zweeden does. If you end up getting it from overseas, the shipping will probably be close to a $1,000.
That's what my shipping was from Dubai (although thanks to the good will of the seller, I myself only paid less than half of it).

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51

Last edited by oms930; 09-10-2007 at 04:55 AM..
Old 09-10-2007, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Try automobile Alanta in Marietta Georgia.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: