Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Still trying to figure out my AC...help??!

Here is my A/C issue.

Car was 79 930 with stock york a/c. Car got full bay intercooler so I had to ditch the tail condensor and the york compressor. Now I am trying to figure out have to have some decent a/c. I have purchased a compressor from a 89 930, however I need some sort or brackets to mate it to my engine. I am not sure what parts I need though. Secondly, I don't know what to do about condensors, I have talked with rennaire and griffiths both, it didn't sound like either of them had first had experience with my car of set up. Does anyone on here have a a/c system with a full bay intercooler that works well?

So to reiterate my two questions are, what parts are needed to mount the 83-89 nippo compressor on my engine that was originally equipped with a york compressor? And secondly what is a PROVEN condensor set up for a car without tail condensor?

THANKS!

Here is a pick on my a/c mounting plate.

50k:Lindren Green:B&B Dual Out Pipes:K27:965 I/C: --SOLD!!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hey, I can't quite see your AC bracket very well, but when I went to a new AC compressor I had to have a new mount fabricated out of aluminum to mate it to the old bracket. The fabricated mount was about 1.5 or 2 inches high, and was essentially the width of the old bracket +/- with different holes drilled through it to make everything work. Maybe this is the same issue you are having.

I don't know why Griffiths gave you that line...They have a compressor that fits in the left rear wheel well to make up for the one lost in the engine bay. Also, I don't know where you live, but a lot of guys in Arizona have a huge condensor made to fit underneath the car, as it gets really hot here, and a huge condensor helps a lot.

There was a thread on here a while back that addressed AC problems and fixes. I originally found it (and this forum) by doing a google search, myself, highlighting the "Procooler". There was a bunch of great information/stuff on that thread, so look for it. Good luck...Geoff
Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: