Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Lots of oil in air intake

Hi, I have a stock ' 87 turbo for about 2 years now, I have never seen so much oil in the air cleaner housing after a short morning drive, so much oil in there it start dripping on to the ground, is the oil coming from the hose between oil seperator to the air cleaner housing and what caused that to happen?

When I pull the IC off, there is oil in there as well as a pool of oil on top of the flap in side the throttle body, how the oil got into there also?

I know I did Not over filled.

Can some one please tell me what to check for this problem so I can fix it, so it will never happen again and what is the best way to clean the inside of the IC, the inside of the throttle body and the AF sensor plate? Is a huge oily mess.

Thanks, Yahow
Old 11-09-2008, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
River Rat

I recently made the mistake of over filling the oil on my 86 930 and the results were exactly as you described. Did the problem surface after changing the oil?

Regards, Dave
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It sounds like an overfilling situation unless you made such hard turns that the reservoir oil went up the breather...normally the late does not occur.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thank you, Dave and Miguel, I did changed oil 2 weeks ago, but I drove it to work and home on city streets all last week no sign of oil in the air cleaner, but Sunday I took it out to the freeway go between 70- 100mph for about 20miles up hill down hill but no hard cornering and this happen, I might have over filled it.

What do you use to clean the mess up specially the insde of the IC?

Thanks, yahow
Old 11-10-2008, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: