Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
R.I.P.

small side view mirrors

Hey , i've been kicking around the idea of pulling the rabbit ear mirors off my car and using those cool RUF (or equivelent) tiny aero mirrors. anybody using them on a street car? can you still see to back up? would you recommend them? And where did you get them

oh, and pics would be swell.....
Old 10-08-2009, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

here are some options the ones on the black cab were my last project strosek mirrors, the black coupe is jammos recently finished ruf replica with flared rear arches fab job with ruf mirrors and the red targa is my latest car with a pair of DTM type mirrors that are better to see out off.

Impact Bumpers - Classic Porsche 911s and Nothing Else!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
R.I.P.

GREAT, thanks for the pics... that helps a bunch
Old 10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Old 10-09-2009, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
R.I.P.

damn that car looks bad a$$. What front splitter is that? Did you make it?
Old 10-10-2009, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks!! The splitter is homemade from a 6mm ABS-plastic board. Did this after a couple of fiberglass versions that got shot,cracked, lost.. u name it

ABS-plastic is heavier for sure but its pretty bombproof and stays black forever (A little more weight in the front of a 911 is not that bad anyway)
Old 10-11-2009, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
That Swedish turbo looks excellent with matt black wheels.
Those 935 side mirrors I'm using in my Green Strosek are perfect: no shaking and vibration in high speeds, therefore very clear view to the rear direction. And they are big enough to see what is about to see there, even in race starts.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: