Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

A/F gauge

hey guys i just recently purchased a 930 from a board member... car is awesome.. i'll post another thread later about it.. lol..

i have just one question or concern about its A/F ratio gauge. whenever i flip the ignition on or off.. only the last 4 yellow lights in the stoich and all of the green light up... when driving its the same way.. only the last 4 of the yellow light up.. and the green does to..... and i noticed sometimes the gauge doesnt register anything at all.. then driving down the road a little ways it'll start working again... i traced the wires and they are all good.. wires seem to have a good connection... should i be concerned about the other lights not coming on?? could it be the gauge is faulty or something else... thanks... oh the gauge is an autometer pro comp ultralite.. thanks again..
Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Turbofrog

My two cents:

I would not trust a narrow band sensor/gauge even if it worked ok. If you need to tinker with it you might as well check out the wideband options. IMO the Innovate is the only system sofar that is accurate through the life span of the WBsensor (auto heater calibration + manual sensor calibration). Search for lc-1 for more info if you just want an accurate gauge without logging.

Narrow bands do operate OK'ish on stoich close to 14.7AF
Old 12-11-2009, 11:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

^ + 1. You really need a wideband AF system and 14.7 is only good at cruising speed.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Turbo cars should not be without wideband a/f gauges...
I would go for the AEM- its as accurate as the Innovate and a lot less. Of corse it doesnt have the data logging capabilities that the Innovate has, but it does display the same info.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-12-2009, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The NGK digital unit is also nice and easy to read and also priced reasonable.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Turbofrog

How do you hadle sensor aging with those other brands?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: