Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

linea corse fox wheels

i have a converted 80 eurosc now with a 84 euro 3.3. looking at the purchase of these before mentioned wheels which are 17" 7.5 front(35mm offset) and 9.0"(16mm offset).i still retain the sc trailing arms. these have the spacers that came with the 7 and 8x 16" fuchs, which i regret. in order to capture the original look ,without a secondary mortgage, i can go with euromeister 16" 8's and 9's or the linea 17"'s. offsets concern me since the actual alignment and balancing can be effected. anyone know of quality or fitment issues with either company or advice as to appropriate spacing ? have 2002 oem 17" that have considerable spacing currently which i want reduced as much as i can. thanks for any info you may have for me. regards,george
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I had 2 sets of the Rota Fox on my 79 930 and had runout problems on both sets. Production tolerances were not very good and quality control on the finish was lacking. The runout caused vibrations in the front end, whereas the 30 year old Fuchs were perfectly balanced.
14 535i M Sport
Old 01-04-2010, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
There is not much info on the Euromeisters. However, if you have a couple days, there are **epic** threads on the Rota Fox (which are the linea corse fox wheels) over in the 911 Technical forum.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Don't forget Jeff Alton.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
True, but the Alton/Zuffenhaus Fuchs (and the Lindseys and TruDesigns) are at a totally different price point than the Euromeisters and Rotas.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
I suppose the question the OP's asking is whether the Euromeisters or Rotas will fit his car without additional mods. He has a chassis from 1980, to which he's fitted a 3.3 turbo motor? But is this with the stock narrow body, brakes, and suspension? Seems to be so, if he's still running the stock SC trailing arms. And currently the car has wheels off of a 2002 996, but with spacers which he wishes to ditch. Is that correct?

If so, why shouldn't the Rotas bolt right in (after all, they don't care what type of motor you're running) as they were built with SC fitment in mind? What were the stock wheels on an '80 SC? Either 6x15 and 7x15 cookie cutters, or 6x16 and 7x16 Fuchs, I believe. According to this chart, 911 Wheel Weights, those would have offsets of 36mm and 23.3 mm, respectively. So if the Rotas are 7.5x17 (with 35 mm offset) and 9x17 (with 16 mm offset), that should work. They have on one friend's '82 SC with no issues at least (post #5 on: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/372735-official-rota-fox-pix-thread.html), as well as on another friend's '81 SC with mild spacers (check out post #31 on this thread: Please post photos of fat Fuchs rims on your low SC).

edit: I see the OP wasn't running 6" and 7" Fuchs, but rather 7" and 8" Fuchs with spacers. That might make sense, as the 7/8 set has offsets about 13 mm lesser than the 6/7 set. In that case, he should be OK to use the Rotas with no spacers at all.

Last edited by Noah930; 01-04-2010 at 10:42 PM..
Old 01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The will fit great w 225/255's. Nitto NTO1's are a great tire at a reasonable price. Dunlop Z1's are great to.

I would do the Rota's before the euro's.

If you have 8's just put Toyo RA1 245's on them. You can get 225's on 7's up front if you roll your fenders and dial in max front neg camber. This is a wonderful combination and a wonderful tire that will out drive most larger wheel set ups.

Good price point, no failures to date, look right, I worry about the run out and would buy from a dealer that will agree to take them back if the do not measure ok.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

rota fox vs. euromeister wheels

thanks to all for the helpful info. one thing i did not mention which is important,is that this is a turbo look car/body. i see that there are more tires available for the 17" than 16" obviously but at what cost. limited tire suppliers or possibly quality of construction? euro's made in Italy vs. rota's made in Philippines using older technology. i can probably get either to work with my assortment of spacers however. i believe that our host is now offering both items and feel confident that they would only offer us r/d quality before going public. i will reference the before mentioned forum as well. thanks again to all.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: