Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
First of all I want to thank all of you for your input. I am beginning to think I may need to rethink my build. I would love to go with EFI and twin plugs but was not sure EFI was worth the cost. I am not sure that my pistons and cylinders need replaced but I just thought it would give me a power increase. I am wondering if I could get more of a power increase from EFI instead of increasing displacement. It does seem that with EFI I could probably run more power safely.

Any thoughts on this would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2011, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

From what I am told I have 8:1 comp.on a 3.5 liter motor. I run 15-16lbs boost with 50/50 mix meth injection kit. I changed my front full pump to a 044. My A/F are from 11.2-12.0 depending on what gear I am in and engine runs smooth as silk..

I dont track the car and my runs are really never longer that 10-15 seconds. Thats all i need to take off..lol.

Plugs look good and A/Fs are good and no knock as far as I know..
Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Turbofrog

Street cars can take much more abuse without problems as the runs are so short and it usually cools down between runs. If planning for track use then it's a different game.

I'm taking my 79 930 to the 'ring' on september with CIS so I hope to have a J&S working at that time and I also plan to install a WMI kit before that too. On street I wouldn't worry too much if the AFRs are in check (11-12.5).
Old 07-21-2011, 11:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
R.I.P.

WMI or race fuel should be a no brainer when tracking any forced induction engine. It just makes sense

Old 07-22-2011, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: