Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Would appreciate any input on this matter.

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around and decided to finally join the forum.

I own a Porsche 911SC (1980). I bought it almost 20 years ago and i had the engine rebuilt about 10 years ago. After that, it just sat in my garage for many years without use(don't flame me). When i tried to start it up recently, it burns oil. A LOT. Blue smoke out of the exhaust and won't stop. Could it be the PCV? Any input would be appreciated..

PS- I was thinking it could also be the valve seals.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
How long have you run it?
You might get more response on the 911 forum, this one being for turbo and supercharged cars, it does not have as much traffic as the 911 technical forum.
More info will be required though.
Good luck
David
1985 Black 930, K27 7006, Garretson Intercooler, Adj boost, TB: 23 - 31mm, bielstein sport shocks, ER polybronze bushings front and rear, ER monoball joints front and rear with offset camber plates, 935 X triangulated strut brace, raised spindles, racing bump steer kit
1981 Black 911sc (sold)
Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Got Boost?

Garage
Well, one scenario which is highly unusual but happens, the piston rings may have lined up allowing oil to the combustion chamber. This is the theory behind my Carrera 3.0 2 day smoking fiasco and just stopped and running perfect as always after that.

One frequent mistake is that owners check their oil cold after forgetting it is a 911 for not driving it for years , so they add more and more oil. When you started it up you get overflow and a lot of smoke. If this is the case, drain some oil.

Another possible cause, if the car was started without shooting some WD40 or lubricant into the chambers and manually rotating the engine prior to a startup, then the piston rings may have been damaged.

BTW - this is the Turbo forum...

Last edited by IMONBOOST; 07-27-2011 at 05:44 PM..
Old 07-27-2011, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies guys. My bad, i only read the part that says "911". My mistake, ill take it to the tech forums!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: