Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
one of the great unwashed

SC Turbo Shakeout Part 2

I got serious about the SC in the last week, after being sidetracked for awhile. I had some issues on the shakeout...car ran like crap on boost. I troubleshot all of the CIS. Tried all sorts of control pressures. Everything was good. Although I usually look at the fuel delivery first, I just got to the electrical system yesterday.

Took the Leask RPM solenoid switch out of play, no change. Took the diverter vacuum out of play, same. Tonight, I took the MSD 8762 Boost Timing Master out...Fixed!!! There must be something wrong with the board in that MSD, which I bought used. MSD said send it back, and they can fix it for somewhere between $20 -$80. Now I can put in my J&S Safeguard unit.

The bad news: clutch slips. I should have put in a new clutch disc. As soon as I go WOT in 4th, at 4000 it just revs to 6500 instantly. Crap.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Patkeefe, you were one of the first Turbo nuts I followed when I started reading about all you guys some years back. "Tsuter" was the first.

I still follow your build, and enjoy reading about your progress.

Clutch slippage. To some extent I guess that's a good problem

Good luck
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 08-01-2011, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
one of the great unwashed

Thanks Jesper. I need to drop the engine again anyway, as I have a spot of oil leak at the pressure switch. That is where I get my feed for the turbo. I am going to relocate that.

I used my old clutch plate that had gotten oil on it...i soaked it in brake kleen. What a dope I am. Too cheap to spring for a new clutch. But, those Saks power clutches are expensive.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: