Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost gauge not dropping below 0.2

Noticed while cruising last Friday that the boost gauge was sitting at 0.4 bar, couldn't get it to drop, found an open road and pushed it hard, boost ran all the way up to 1.0; never shut off at 0.8. By the time I got home the gauge was sitting at 0.2, sat there in the drive for a few minutes before turning the car off, nothing changed. Started the car on both Saturday and Sunday and the boost still never drops below 0.2. It builds as you would expect and the car drives great - but as I have never had any turbo / boost issues before was hoping to get a couple of ideas from people as where to start digging in. Pretty sure this has been covered previously in posts but I couldn't find it.

Cheers in advance!

Rob

Old 05-21-2012, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

The first thing you will want to do is to check the wire connection to the boost sensor (provided you are talking about the OEM boost gauge) . . . clean the connection and make sure it is tight - check that the wire is intact and not frayed or insulation rubbed off and such. Then make sure the boost sending unit is making clean contact with the resurculation manifold (maybe take it off and clean the mating surfaces). If this does not solve your problem, you will have to test the boost sensor. I know I have read about this on here and will see if I can find the thread I am thinking of . . .
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Here ya go:

Here are the normal resistance values for the sender:

0.0 Bar: 5 - 13 Ohms
0.9 Bar: 117 - 129 Ohms (mine reads 112 at .8 bar)

I do believe I saw a New sender offered up on that on-line auction site the other day for a good price....but I would certainly look to our host first.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Thanks for the tips, I will put some time into checking the sender out over the weekend.

Rob
Old 05-22-2012, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Have the same problem. Borrowed a friends boost pressure sender and the problem was gone.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
boost , turbo