Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Anyone using Rebel Racing Trans mounts?

Do they require longer mounting bolts? The original bolts appear to be anywhere from 1/2"-3/4" too short. Did you use a special technique to make sure the cushions were fully seated? Given up on getting replies from Clint. I received the mounts 2 weeks before he replied to my email concerning the delay in getting them.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-25-2017, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Clint has been away, travelling or something.

Used those in several cars, no issues. Standard mounting bolts. The ones on the 1979 we're about to install are no thicker than the dead bushings we pressed out.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 08-25-2017, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Thanks Chris. I'm going to drop the entire mount and see what's causing the interference.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-25-2017, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Use them here.. and stock bolts as well for install. It was a pain to get them to line up and thread.. but they did.
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing sphericals front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 08-25-2017, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

I recently installed those as well - used original hardware and had no problems getting them to line up. The key to installing the gearbox support bar is leaving the four nuts (different than the type of nutz Paul likes to get his hands on! ) that attach the bar to the gearbox, very loose until you have the large mount bolts properly threaded in.

Dave - the cushions should just drop into position - nothing special about seating them. Did you remove every bit of the old bushings (probably a dumb question ?)

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 08-25-2017 at 12:02 PM..
Old 08-25-2017, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Thanks everyone for your help. Problem solved. I took the trans cross-member out and using a threaded rod through the cushions, I tightened nuts on each end with the cushion washers attached. They offered a little squeaky resistance, but the top cushion finally settled to its proper height.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: