Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Looking for info on 2.4L CIS Injector cup removal

Hello,

New to Pelican Forum. I have a 2.4L CIS head with a buggered up injector cup which is mounted right into the head on 1973.5 2.4L CIS.

Will convert to carbs or EFI eventually but looking for information on how to remove the CIS injector cups. Not finding info in Waynes book, Google search - nothing. Factory manual - nothing. PET seems to show part in an ISO view of the head but no separate part number listed for a replaceable injector cup.

I would have supposed that they would be threaded into the early 1973 MFI ports as the factory tied to use up MFI heads but that is an assumption that has no basis in fact. That doesn't seem to be the case or they are seized in there? Maybe shrink fit?

Can do mill work to remove them if necessary but I've got to believe there is a better way.

Any help or previous experience on how to remove or service these 1973.5 2.4L CIS injector cups is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-24-2019, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The injector cups are pressed in, they are not removable. I had my local shop make 6 aluminum plugs shaped like the injectors to block the off for carbs.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thank you Ed for the confirmation that CIS cups were pressed in.

Thought I'd post my end solution on getting them removed since there seems to be so little information on them.

Old 11-02-2019, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Here is the tool used on the end of the slide hammer to remove the CIS cups.

Old 11-02-2019, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1973.5 , cis , cis injection