Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

ISO: 3.2 to 3.4 (or 3.5) engine build checklist / spreadsheet

Greetings all,

I've searched both the 911 technical forum, as well as this engine building forum, for a checklist, but couldn't find anything. Hence this entreaty for help.

I am working with Jae Lee at Mirage International to define the scope of an engine rebuild for my 1987 911 M491 coupe. The engine has 105k miles on it and is burning a quart of oil every ~265 miles. Engine feels pretty strong still and is running Sal Carceller's modern MAF & injectors + ECU, as well as a Dansk pre-muffler and Dansk 84mm sport muffler. All of which I plan to retain on the build, although I have a Bisimoto Pulse Chamber "muffler" that I may play with post engine build.

Jae and I are kicking around a top end rebuild, or perhaps a full rebuild and we're discussing a few options. I'd like to build something a bit more rev-happy than stock, so considering Pauter rods and a lightweight clutch pressure plate to help in that area. I'm planning on using Mahle Motorsports 98mm pistons & cylinders, but haven't decided on a CR yet (I'm saddled with crap CA gas here in San Diego). Also considering Web 20/21 cams (I have them in my other 911 and I'm happy with them). Jae is suggesting we consider a GT3 crankshaft, if we end up splitting the case, to net the 3.5 liter displacement. I wonder how that will affect my rev-happy goals.

Anyway, I want to ensure that I'm covering all the build bases, hence why I'm looking for a parts checklist, or the like. So, does anyone have a checklist / spreadsheet they can share?

Thanks!

Pic of the business end of the patient...

WTB / ISO: G50 911 M491 Coupe or Targa
Old 12-28-2019, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: