Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Remote Oil Filter

Gents,

I'm looking for all possible remote oil filters on the market, most I have found do not fit an OC54 filter. I have the stock oil tank and hard lines.

Are there any remote oil filter kits that work for a stock oil tank?

Cheers!

Check out pics below for reference:

Old 10-06-2020, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
something like this work for you?

https://www.taorminaracingdesigns.com/product/billet-oil-filter-console-oil-cooler-delete/
Old 10-06-2020, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix8 View Post
Not really, I'd have to do a lot of modification to the original oil tank then.

I'm really hoping to find a direct fit kit for the stock oil tank.

I'm open to all possibilities though
Old 10-07-2020, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Porsche Crest

You need something like this that attaches to the side of your oil tank and allows a remote Filter located somewhere convenient.

This one accepts AN fittings, but just about any size can be made to connect.

I can help with custom Oil Lines/Hoses if needed.

Len.Cummings at verizon.net

Old 10-07-2020, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

The 964 oil filter mount might work for you. It is remote mount, uses the OC54 filter and is inexpensive used.

john
Old 10-07-2020, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by targa72e View Post
The 964 oil filter mount might work for you. It is remote mount, uses the OC54 filter and is inexpensive used.
That is what I use on my race car. It has been modified to take AN-16 oil lines.
PCA GT-3R #3
Old 10-07-2020, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Porsche Crest

B_Smith -

I believe you want an adapter to keep the oil tank and remotely mount a OC54 filter with something like the 964 filter mount.

I can help with M30 Fittings & Hose in Braided SS if needed.

Len.Cummings at verizon.net

Old 10-07-2020, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by targa72e View Post

john
I think the 964 filter mount will work perfect!!!

I'm just not sure how to block off the stock oil filter location, all the remote sending kits don't have the odd size of the OC54.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by winders View Post
That is what I use on my race car. It has been modified to take AN-16 oil lines.
What did you do on your racecar with the stock tank filter? do you have pictures? that would be a huge help.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Racer

I was mistaken. I have a Mocal RFH3B remote filter head.

I have a 4 gallon round Peterson tank up front in the smuggler's box. The oil line setup has changed due to cooler setup changes but you will get the idea.

PCA GT-3R #3
Old 10-07-2020, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Porsche Crest

If you are keeping the stock Oil Tank, then you use the first adapter I posted on the Tank, and run Hoses to and from the Factory 964 Filter console.

Easy Peasy.

Len

Old 10-08-2020, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterGT View Post

If you are keeping the stock Oil Tank, then you use the first adapter I posted on the Tank, and run Hoses to and from the Factory 964 Filter console.

Easy Peasy.

Len

I'm looking for an adapter just like that, I cant find any that will fit the filter size of the stock tank, the thread is 1"-12UNF-2B and the inner diameter is 62mm.

The adapter you posted, is it large enough? do you have a link?

Thanks

Old 10-08-2020, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
custom , oil , oil filter , remote