Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Intake Pipes

Hi all

According to my copy of PET the intake 'pipes' of a '73S/RS differ from a '73E (part nos 911 110 063 vs 911 110 065) I have 2 questions for those in the know
1/ How do they differ?
2/ What is the Part No of the intake pipes of a 73.5T

Thanks
Neven
Old 08-03-2004, 02:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The 73.5T used CIS which is a completely different system from the MFI used on the earlier cars and the RS's. The MFI system has a series of 6 "trumpets" going into the throttle bodies and then the heads.

The 73.5T CIS system that I stripped off of a motor had curbed plastic pipes (runners) connecting the intake plenum to the intake ports on the heads. Later models of the CIS had cast runners

So they are completely different. I don't know the PN's for the CIS parts.

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman
Old 08-03-2004, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The internal diameter (bore) of the intake stacks - both top & bottom - is larger for the S/RS than the E version.

The throttle bodies differ in the same way - larger diameter at the top where they meet the stacks & larger bore at the bottom to match the inlet ports.

Andy

M&W 904 ... now gone
New project underway ...
Old 08-04-2004, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Andy

Thanks, thats what I thought, I've just bought some MFI 'T' injection gear, so i'll be able to compare with my 2.4E

Is it significant? could you bore E to S spec (new they are over $1000 USD a pair)

Neven
Old 08-04-2004, 01:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Is it significant? could you bore E to S spec (new they are over $1000 USD a pair)
The guy to talk to is Matt at Eurometrix. When it comes to MFI throttle bodies and stacks, he's the guy who knows. He can also help you out regarding the potential to modify the parts that you have.

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman
Old 08-04-2004, 03:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Yes, Eurometrix can do this, for both the throttle bodies and the plastic MFI stacks.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: