Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

72 T carb to RS spec MFI questions

I purchased a 72t model with webers. I would like to rebuild the motor to RS specs and was wondering what used fuel injection pump and stacks/bases I should look for used. I understand 72-73 s model parts are good. What would be the best stacks, bases, and pump by year, p/n? If anyone could tell me where to get the information it would be greatly appreciated

Steve
Old 08-17-2004, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Steve, you can use any 911 MFI system, but they'll require some mods. The S throttle bodies & stacks have the same dimensions as the RS TB's & stacks. T & E stacks and throttle bodies can be bored to the required dimensions. The '71 and earlier magnesium stacks are better for boring out, but Eurometrix can even bore the plastic stacks. Any of the injection pumps can be fitted with the RS space cam. There's some differences in how cold start is accomplished from one year to hte next; however, I'm not knowledgable enough about this to say any more.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Warren Hall Student

Garage
As Jim stated you need S spec stacks and TB's. Either 2.4 pump T or E can be converted to RS spec with a change of space cam and a recal. Any of the MFI throttle bodies 2.0 on up can be used and bored out to 36mm where they meet the head. Keep in mind however that 2.0 TB's only fit 2.0 stacks. The 2.2 and 2.4 stacks and TB's are interchangeable. Of course if you find an "S" setup then the stacks and TB's are good to go.

I don't believe you can bore T stacks for use in this application. There's not enough material to bore them out to 38mm where they meet the TB. Besides they are slightly offset to the center of the TB on cylinders 1,3,4 and 6 which exacerbates the problem.

You could of course just rejet your carbs for use with S cams and RS P&C's and have almost the same thing. Diffenently cheaper and easy to switch over if you round up the correct parts later down the road.

Warren Hall 1950 - 2008
_____"Early_S_Man"_____
Old 08-19-2004, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobboloo
I don't believe you can bore T stacks for use in this application. There's not enough material to bore them out to 38mm where they meet the TB. Besides they are slightly offset to the center of the TB on cylinders 1,3,4 and 6 which exacerbates the problem.
I thought the same thing, too. But after talking to Matt Blast at Eurometrix, he says that he can bore them. Of course I haven't tried this out with him yet.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: