Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Information Overloader

Angry Sabotage!!!-warning

Started up the rebuild. So far so good. Drive a little in cautious break-in mode. Hm? Oil pressure: high, won't come down until I let completely off the gas. Drive more. Then noise. Gradual noise. Noise like you never want to hear. Noise like the proverbial chain in the garbage can, noise like whap, whap, whap. Noise like something not good is happening. STOP! Regroup. Remove tensioner oil line on passenger side...PLUGGED UP! WTF? Remove line. Black fuzzy junk? WTF is this?! Remove driver's side line...same thing. Remove upper valve cover passenger side...Plugged spray bar! Blood pressure: high, won't come down. Drain oil. Looks O.K. Remove sump plate...SCREEN CAKED WITH BLACK FUZZ! Blood Pressure: off the chart! Wait for my vision to come back from double and my breathing down to normal. Analyse fuzzy junk: Clean room wipe! Lintless paper towel like Wayne recommends. How in hell? ...Think...think...think...SABOTAGE! I had offered to house my son's high school buddy who just moved to town, until he got himself situated. Bad idea. This guy apparently had degenerated into a worthless POS. Without going into details, we kicked him out. This was right in the middle of reassembling the engine. Paper in the case! The blankety-blank-blank SOB sabotaged my engine! There is no way I can prove this. So now, I need your advice, gentlemen. Is it even worth rebuilding, is it likely anything can be salvaged? I think I'm gonna be sick...what would you do, within legal limits, I mean? Yep, I'm sick.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
=VLOOKUP(val,tab,col,rng)

Garage
Find him, break him, throw him in the river.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
put it apart and start again. take your time. keep calm. try to imagine that you haven't been there already. when its done, run it in and enjoy it. make sure everything is right, then find the bloke. drive (in your porsche) to where he lives. park up. sus out when and how you can get to plant something on or in something that belongs to him (car,bike, house, jacket, ruck sack). go home. find a drug dealer. buy some crack. drive back to where the bloke is. break up the crack into tiny pieces and wrap them up. put them all in one bag, then plant the crack on/in the whatever he has. phone the police. tell them that the bloke has been dealing crack.

1980 SC soon to be big hp 3.3t powered 73RSR Replica (well, I'm keeping the engine but everything else is going )
Old 08-21-2004, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Check the oil circuit diagram. Was the clean wipe debris outside of the sump screen or inside?

If it's inside, I think the oil circuit picks up the oil and sends it to the cooler and tank. Which I think would filter. Open up the filter and check it.

Needless to say If you want piece of mind. You'll have to tear down and replace the worn out and damaged stuff+clean.As well as clean the oil circuit front to back. Checking the circuit diagram might help with a cleaning strategy.

I had to clean out my cooler lines because I left a wad of paper towel to plug up the oil line to keep it from dripping. It was complete luck that it was the line that went to the external t-sttat and loop cooler. The pressure was high and it sent the plug up to the 90* bend at the front wheel well oil line. I saved the "rat" and I'll post it under the Admit your stupidity post sometime. I opened the filter and it had done its job. I opened the next two changes after and all was clean.

I'll never use Paper towels for oil lines again.

As for the kid, don't go to jail over him.

Very sorry for your troubles.

Lee78SC
Old 08-21-2004, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
GAFB

I really have my doubts that a punkass high school kid would do something as sophisticated as stick a kimwipe in your motor to sabotage it. When I was that age, the order of the day was dog crap under the door handles, mousetraps on the front porch, egg whites on paint, shaving cream in the mailbox, etc. I had to live to the ripe old age of 30 before I left a kimwipe in someone else's motor. And it was completely by accident. Sure made a cool noise though, when the balled-up wipe dropped out of the breather and got whacked by a crank counterweight vane.

Seriously...I doubt he did it. Focus on your motor. Sounds like you lost pressure in your tensioners, but you now need to determine if you lost time or banged your valves. Actually I agree with the above, whole motor should probably come apart for thorough oil system cleaning. Won't cost much $$$ except for the odd o-ring and seal.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Make sure you pull all the plugs and squirters so you can clean all the oil passages out

If it were me, unless you know for sure that it was someone messing with your stuff, dont bother doing anything other than the task at hand. the motor need to be fixed, take care of that, you are just going to find trouble if you go after someone else, after all, you said it, you cant prove it. Be a better man than him and deal with your stuff.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Tim Walsh
hehe ya they do make a cool noise... if they're in someone else motor, scares you half to death if it's in your own. I'll agree 100% with what dtw said.
"Dave, hit the brakes, but don't look like your htting the brakes...what? I DON'T KNOW, BRAKE CASUAL!!!" dtw's thoughts after nearly rear ending a SHP officer
Old 08-22-2004, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Well, he didn't say the guy was in high school....he said it was his son's high school buddy. I knew dudes in high school that would be capable of something like that easily...sorry to hear. I'd probably just move on...deadbeats can offer up nothing but more trouble and may involve you in trouble as well....especially when you're beating the crap out of him and the cops drive by....
Again...sorry to hear...

R/
Dustin
Old 08-22-2004, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
OCD project capitan

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by dtw
I really have my doubts that a punkass high school kid would do something as sophisticated as stick a kimwipe in your motor to sabotage it.
On his own, no... but these days, i'm sure a simple Google search for "Engine Sabatage" or any technical forum were some guy accidentaly leaves a paper towel in the motor and writes about his misfortune is a way to learn now to cause a misfortune...

Sorry to hear about the motor man, if we were citizens of another country, i'd help you beat the **** out of him, but in this wonderful country, crack selling pedefilers get equal rights.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Hmmmm I can think of lots of things you can do. Too bad none of them are legal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all goes well in the tear dowm.

cheers, Jeff
Old 08-22-2004, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by adomakin
put it apart and start again. take your time. keep calm. try to imagine that you haven't been there already. when its done, run it in and enjoy it. make sure everything is right, then find the bloke. drive (in your porsche) to where he lives. park up. sus out when and how you can get to plant something on or in something that belongs to him (car,bike, house, jacket, ruck sack). go home. find a drug dealer. buy some crack. drive back to where the bloke is. break up the crack into tiny pieces and wrap them up. put them all in one bag, then plant the crack on/in the whatever he has. phone the police. tell them that the bloke has been dealing crack.
ha ha ha.... i like you!! lots of good ideas in there
Old 08-15-2005, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by adomakin
Now that's ingenuity!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
it (allegedly) worked for me. i was (allegedly) building a big loft conversion and double story extension for a guy a couple of years ago. he was (allegedly) stealing materials from me and power tools. he was also (allegedly) having an affair behind his wifes back. he (allegedly) stole a total of about 4000 of stuff, but i couldn't prove a thing. I (allegedly) got hold of some crap quality cannabis (5 oz) cut it into eights and planted it. waited till christmas (9months) and then (allegedly) put the call in, posing as a pissed off dealer that had been knocked for his dough.
he (allegedly) got 200 hours community service (sweeping roads!!! ha ha ha ) and a massive fine. ahh, the smell of sweet revenge. (allegedly)!

1980 SC soon to be big hp 3.3t powered 73RSR Replica (well, I'm keeping the engine but everything else is going )

Last edited by adomakin; 08-17-2005 at 10:09 AM..
Old 08-17-2005, 01:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I once worked with a Brit and he was always coming up with a master plan. That (allegedly) is one great story!

Last edited by Speedo959; 08-20-2005 at 10:47 AM..
Old 08-20-2005, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: