Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Luke1212
Need help on 2.2

I amrebuilding a 2.2 with a spin rod bearing. My problem id that the case will not come apart. I have checked for hidden bolts but know none. It seems to be stuck around the crank shaft end. I am afraid to put to much pressure on it and damage the mating surfaces. Can any one help me on this?

thanks
Old 09-10-2004, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Do you have Wayne's book? He's got some great pictures of all 22 13 mm nutes. 3 are located inside the rear of the engine neara the flywheel seal. There is also a fastener hidden in the left timing chain housing which can be removed using a 15 mm socket with extension.

The book has a lot of other excellent information and is well worth the money.

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman
Old 09-10-2004, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I live in the middle of nowhere in up state Idaho. I will have to get Waynes book next time I go to town (about a 100 miles). The bolt in the left timing chain houseing is the one I missed. Thanks for your help and information

Luke
Old 09-10-2004, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You can order the book from this site and have it delivered, save you a trip.
I think I added about 100 greasy fingerprints to mine just this morning
Old 09-10-2004, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Here's a trick;
Copy the pages that you want to take into the garage to avoid the greasy fingerprint syndrome. I wish that I had done that!

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman
Old 09-10-2004, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

Waynes book pays for itself, even before you have the engine completely apart! Its true. ANYONE who has not done at least 10 or more Porsche engines will benefit from this book. Best bang for the buck (actually its the lack of "Bang" we are looking for) out there.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thank all of you for the information and help. I am ordering the book this morning.

Luke
Old 09-13-2004, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: