Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Best Source for JE Pistons

I know that this has been discussed in the past, but unfortunately it's impossible to do a search on "JE" since Pelican's search engine doesn't allow 2 letter combinations -- only 3 or more.

So where is the best place to buy a set of 85 mm JE race pistons? Looking through their web site they don't list any Porsche products. I know that almost all of the Porshe engine builders sells them, like Supertec and EBS. I've got a question into JE right now also.

Without giving away competitive information, what are the ball-park prices for a set of 6?

Thanks!

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman
Old 03-21-2005, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Still Doin Time

EBS has great prices and good service
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite
Old 03-21-2005, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to kstylianos
You are looking around $800-900/set
Old 03-21-2005, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Re: Best Source for JE Pistons

Quote:
Originally posted by jluetjen
I know that this has been discussed in the past, but unfortunately it's impossible to do a search on "JE" since Pelican's search engine doesn't allow 2 letter combinations -- only 3 or more.

So where is the best place to buy a set of 85 mm JE race pistons? Looking through their web site they don't list any Porsche products. I know that almost all of the Porshe engine builders sells them, like Supertec and EBS. I've got a question into JE right now also.

Without giving away competitive information, what are the ball-park prices for a set of 6?

Thanks!
I called EBS, just in case my starting problem is Ps amd Cs compression. But this to replace my current pistons. I believe it was around 995.00 for the pistons, plus then I'd need to have my Cs rebored. Fine service for other products I've ordered.

Also, they have a website.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

For two letter searches try using the wild card (i.e. je*) for a third letter. Include another term or two to avoid calling up every thread with the word jeff, jello, etc.

Search using je* pistons
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
2009 MB C300
Old 03-22-2005, 12:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: