Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

New P&C's or usage of larger piston's

I'm getting my parts back from the machine shop this week and will finally commence putting her back together. (2.2 T)

I heared from the machinist that my set P&C's are out of spec and I really should get a new set. While I currently don't have the money to purchase a new set, I will use my old set for now and change the P&C's at a later stage.

I know a new set of mahle P&C's will set me back approx 3000 USD (Original) I also heared from somebody who used a slightly oversized set of pistons and then bore the cylinders up to spec.

Does anybody has experience with this? Is this a valid option?

Also, what effect will the "Out of Spec" set have on my engine? My machinist says that the engine might use a little bit more oil and might be noisier, but nothing serious. Is this true?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Oldporsche
Cool

You may be in luck.

I think that there is a part number for an oversize 911E piston for the 2.2L motors. This was sort of a compromise replacement for owners with worn cylinders/pistons. You didn't have to buy new cylinders, just the pistons.

You might find some aftermarket pistons, such as J E that could be used with your used cylinders.

David Duffield

Last edited by Oldporsche; 04-20-2005 at 02:00 PM..
Old 04-20-2005, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: