Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question hydraulic lifters?

after just finishing my first pia valve adjustment, on my 85 3.2 I was wondering if it possible to upgrade to the hydraulic lifters like on the 3.6? would it mean changing the heads? or just the cam towers or only new rocker arms?
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-23-2005, 12:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi Ken:

Its VERY expensive to do as you need new chain boxes, cam towers, rockers, shafts, lifters, and a bunch of mods to make it all work.
(503) 244-0990
porsche@rennsportsystems.com
www.rennsportsystems.com
Old 05-23-2005, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

OK thanks, I was afraid it would be like that otherwise I would have heard of people doing it , I suppose it's easier to just put in a 3.6
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-24-2005, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken911
OK thanks, I was afraid it would be like that otherwise I would have heard of people doing it , I suppose it's easier to just put in a 3.6
Now,...you're talking,....
(503) 244-0990
porsche@rennsportsystems.com
www.rennsportsystems.com
Old 05-24-2005, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: