Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Talking 3.6 Intake on a 3.0 SC, has ony one done that ?

Hi,

Have any off you guy's tried to fit a 964 plastic intake system on a 3.0L.

I'm in the starting phase of equipping my 79' 3.0 with a EFI system. For that purpose i have acquired a 964 plastic intake, and injector system.

I found out about the adapters for the injector holders in another thread.

I really like to see some details about how you connected the fuel lines/rails.

How do you connect the Throttle linkage from the 3.0 to the 964 throttle body ????

Pictures anyone ???

What about the heating ducting on the 3.0, it looks like there is space problems, or need for customizations. Pictures / ideas.

And air filter ??

I like to get rid off the CIS and go EFI computer, and I'm collecting parts and knowledge, and plan to start conversion after this DE season.

1979' SC Targa. + 2006' Peugeot 206.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

How is the engine project coming along?

Dis you find adapters for the 3.6 intake?

Are you using VEMS injection on it?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Still Doin Time

I am in progress with my 3.2 to 3.4 build and have the 3.6 plastic intake to install. I was able to trade straight up my 3.2 complete for the 3.6 complete (Thanks GAS motorsports!!)

From what I've learned here (and a few other places) that if you are building a hot street engine the 3.6 plastic set-up is the way to go on a 3.2. Before you get into aftermarket high-end individual t-bodys and MFI this is the best bang for the buck.

It's not so much the 3.6 intake is just bigger, the casting is very uniform cylinder to cylinder, already has a slightly larger throttle body plus a secondary resonance chamber to boost flow at @5K rpm and is substantially lighter.

Down side: while the port sizing is close to the 3.2 SC head your 3.0 intake ports are smaller. So you'd have to open to match and blend. You'll also need a set of adaptors to mate the 3-bolt to your 2-bolt port (protechinik.com) @$400. a set.
Then you'll have to fab linkage and find a way to control the secondary air flap.

I'm using a MSD controller that has replaceable " RPM pills" over a ported vacuum solonoid to do this.

Last deal here is you'll have to toss you CIS stuff and convert to EFI
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite
Old 11-12-2005, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: