Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Rebuilding 3.2L Carrera Fuel Injectors, how to do it?

Hi everyone,

I bought the new seals kit and it contained 3 o-rings a new tip and another round plastic piece that I don't see where it goes. I can identify only two o-rings for replacement as well. My question is, "Do the fuel injectors come apart?" I find it hard to believe that I only need to replace the two rubber o-rings. On the instructions that came with the seal kit it say to not remove the plastic tip, is this true? I suspect they are referring to the plastic cap that slips over the tip of the injector. Any suggestions on how to effectively clean them.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

alex
1986 Porsche 911 Carrera, Black
2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Black
Old 07-20-2005, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Grand Am/IMSA Data Guy

Garage
Alex

You have one O ring on the top of the injector (inside the cap on the "rail") It will be obvoius when you remove the rail. The plastic cap and other O ring go in the tip. No disassembly necessary. If you are having issues with injectors go to www.injector.com. They do a great job cleaning and calibrating injectors.
Morris Minor Van with S2000 running gear (project)
http://austinmotorsportsllc.com/
Old 07-20-2005, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you very much, I'm curious, how do they calibrate the injectors if they are sealed. They appear to be crimped in and the electrical interface appears to be injection molded over the injector.

Regards,

alex
1986 Porsche 911 Carrera, Black
2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Black
Old 07-22-2005, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Grand Am/IMSA Data Guy

Garage
Axex

I agree with your thought about "calibrating". I looked at their website this morning http://www.injector.com/injectorservice.php and they actually use the terms "balanced and blueprinted". I have sent 3 different sets to them. Each set came back with a table showing before and after flow rates. The "after" rates were always improved over the "before" numbers. That's about all I can tell you. Also, on their home page, you'll see a picture of the injector showing the O rings and plastic cap.

Good luck
Morris Minor Van with S2000 running gear (project)
http://austinmotorsportsllc.com/
Old 07-23-2005, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: