Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

HELP: Separating trans from engine

Ok, so the 3.6T engine & trans are out of the car, but I can't seem to separate the trans from the engine. We took off the starter & the 4 bolts, but the trans will only come ~ 1cm from the engine case. It's like it's hung up on something. It wiggles side to side and up & down, but ti just does not come off any more.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2006, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Autobahn Garage

You have to disconnect the clutch fork, It's hung up on the throw out bearing assy. This is why it will not come apart
57, Speedster
Old 01-28-2006, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

On the drivers side of the trans, near the engine you'll find a 10mm headed bolt that secures a sheetmetal hold down tab sorta looking thing. Remove that, then remove the black plastic button. This will expose the fork pivot cross shaft. It has a 6mm thread (internal)(forget the pitch) that you can use to pull it out. Screw in a bolt and pull on the bolt head. This will pull out the cross shaft.

Once this shaft is out, it will enable you to separate the trans from the engine.. If you need some pics, I can definitely dig them up for you.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

I just had the same problem............I got the shaft out and she slipped right out
Old 01-31-2006, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Yes, thanks to all. This was the problem!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: