Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

can't get F***ING throttle linkage off!

OMG i'm so frustrated.. i'm trying to take the pedal cluster out, and the throttle linkage at the pedal end is the last thing before it can come out, and i CAN"T GET IT OFF!!... *sigh*.. is there any trick to getting these ball end linkages off??

please help me!

thanks alot guys..
Old 02-02-2006, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

There is a clip that snaps onto the end of the linkage. Pop this free to release.

That's the best I can describe. Maybe someone has a photo.

Sherwood
Old 02-02-2006, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

After removing the clip place a open end 10mm wrench between the two and pop it off...
Old 02-02-2006, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The clip is a swing arm clip and then it must be removed. It is a locking feature which is very frustrating until you see it.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Look closely at the ball/socket and you will see that a pin is stuck through it to keep it from popping open inadvertently. The pin is in line with the shaft and is in turn secured with a wire loop around the shaft.
So git a little screwdriver under the loop and pivot the loop and then pull the pin.
When the pin is out, the easy way to pop the ball/socket is by shoving a screwdriver between them and twisting.
98 Volvo V70
Old 02-03-2006, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks for your help. I guess working at nightime, i couldn't see the clip surrounding the ball joint. But getting to it the next day, i saw it straight away. Thanks alot!
Old 02-03-2006, 10:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: