Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Car won't start after being run

I recently put 83 motor back in 911 after replacing broken head studs. The car will start when the engine is cold; however after being run the car will not turnover. The starter engages but the engine does not turnover. I then replaced the starter with the high torque upgrade and the same problem exists. Car started right up after sitting for 4 days. I drove it to the gas station about 10 minutes...starter engages but engine will not turnover. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Mike
1974 911S
Old 02-14-2006, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

So you had it towed home? have you tried to start it again? the heat of the engine may not be the actuall problem, my just seem that way. check all the grounds and the battery. you need a good ground. I have spent hours chasing problems that had nothing to do with what the car did.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

No I waited about an hour and the car started right up since the engine was not that warm I guess. The same thing happened last Saturday and I ran the car to normal operating temp and the car did not start for about 4 hours. I will check all of the grounds just to make sure, but I have no idea what could be causing the malfunction.

Thanks for the ideas'
Mike
Old 02-15-2006, 05:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hillelson1
so the car wont turn over when you hit the key or the car turns over and wont start?
Old 02-15-2006, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The car turns over but will not start. With the new starter it sounds like it has more than enough torque to turn the motor over.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hillelson1
it has the cis fuel system it may be a fuel distributer.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: