Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
2.0 headstud spacing and spigot sizing

So there are differrent lenghts between headstuds on 69 2.0 motors? Like a s to an e?

And are there any with different spigot sizes?

I'm off to find number on the 2.0 motor.

Thank you.

Regards,
Old 02-23-2006, 11:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I don't think so

IIRC, in BAs book there is a picture with a caption that states the head studs are the same spacing 2-2.7. Its like 80mm. The 3.0 case changes though so you can run those whopping big cylinders.

The case hole bore didn't change till the 2.7. Covered in Waynes book in the back under cylinder base size or something like that. 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4 have the same size spigots.

I maybe misremembering, so check just to make sure.

tadd
Old 02-24-2006, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

tadd is correct:
2.0-2.7 same head stud spacing
2.0 - 2.4 same spigot size

Regards,
AM

Current used parts for sale
Old 02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Bernard, I'm curious as to how your going to do the re-build. Are you going back stock or with mods? If mods, which ones? I'm about to pull mine and begin the same process. I'd sure like to find out if it's worth trying to build it up. I know it's only a 2 liter, but there must be some good improvements available. Thanks in advance. Jon
Old 02-24-2006, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
It is hard to improve on Porsche engineering.

Early motor right. First thing is inspection/measurements.

Head work:new guides maybe some valves. Springs if needed.

P/C if need new ones there are a couple of options, depending on heads.

C/R reconditioned

CS balanced.

Case. Don't go there. No seriously, you better hope it is good. First thing determine what you have Mg v Al. Trust your machinist.

Carbs redone with performance jetting/venturi.

New headers, custom muffler

Replace clutch,axles/tires/rebuild brakes/paint sheatmetal/PC.

Break her in. Wait for when there is no fog in the morning. Slowly depress clutch and enjoy.

Regarding improvements, you will want to set a budget: work on exhaust, P/C, if you have MFI it just depends on how much you want to spend to get real improvements, cams. CR/Head CC and valve sizes will depend on what you have, and whether you decide to replace items. Just regular headwork is a pretty penny. If try to increase CR will want to plug. Do you have Wayne's book. It is indespensible. And if you forget something, this forum will be a grest resource.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Did I say when I visit the islands I want a ride?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

You bet! The 66' has new Webers. The motor has adequate comp. at 155lbs, but smokes like there's no tomorrow. I'm anticipating valve guides, but won't know 'til I get there. I was just qurious if these were as easy to get hp from as, say a type 1 vw. MI've ordered a few books along with Waynes'. Just trying to get a head start, and you're right, this forum has a wealth of info. Good luck with your project. Aloha, Jon
Old 02-24-2006, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: