Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Please post photo of 3.3 Turbo rear engine console

The one that bolts to the rear of the crankcase with 4 studs. I am trying to understand how the 3.3 turbo bracket mounts to the console. It's different on my 3.0, which has the same console as the 2.4-3.0 liter n/a cars.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
tom i dont know what you mean by a rear console...

1980 SC soon to be big hp 3.3t powered 73RSR Replica (well, I'm keeping the engine but everything else is going )
Old 03-15-2006, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Tom,
I don't have a picture right now, but the 3.3 turbo bracket has four holes that attach it to the turbo outlet (and the muffler inlet). It has three holes that attach to the bottom of what I think you are referring to as the console. Two of those three are at the very bottom and the third goes on the stud closest to the turbo. Here's a drawing that may help out a little.
Mike
Old 03-16-2006, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thank you for the replies. The "console" is not the bracket that hangs the turbo. The console is the larger bracket that mounts to the rear of the crankcase by four studs, and which mount up to the long steel bracket that spans the rear engine mounts.

I ask this question because I think that the 3.3 Turbo one must have something special to support the upper hole of the turbo bracket. The bracket shown in the photo is for a 3.0 Turbo. The hole in question is the one right where the line for no. 17 in the diagram points. The 3.3 Turbo bracket has this upper hole offset to the left, and a welded spacer.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
79 930:

Old 03-20-2006, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the help. The reason I asked about this is that I cannot figure out how to attach a later style bracket on my 3.0 motor. (I have since heard/figured out that I may be able to adapt my original bracket for the K27.)

Here's a couple of photos to explain my puzzlement. The question is, what does the upper hole (with the extension welded to the bracket) mount to? It doesn't line up with the hole on the console, and I would bet that the situation is not different on the 3.3 cars, because the photo the 125shifter put up looks the same. Is there an extra stud on the crankcase, or an extra bracket the bolts on with the console?

Old 03-26-2006, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Maybe this will make it clearer.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Hey Tom,

Why don't you just make a small ear out of steel and weld it on your turbo bracket.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: