Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

3.6 Cam Swap Out

Getting ready to drop my engine out of my 993. The engine is freshly rebuilt; but, I have decided to replace the Web Cams with the original units (it's a long story why). Since the engine is recently rebuilt, I want to remove as few parts as possible to pull the cams and replace them.

I'm assuming that there is no way to lower the motor sufficiently to pull the cams with the powertrain still in the car, unless someone has done that before.

Assuming that I have to pull the engine, how simple is it to pull the cams.....without separating the tranny from the engine?

When I did the rebuild, I swapped out the cam chain tensioning hardware for the old hardware that allows you to time the cams.

Which brings me to my last question....what should the stock cams be set to when put into the overlap position, and with a standard rocker arm installed and gapped correctly?

Trying to make this as painless as possible!

As an aside, I'll be sending the computer off to have the software reconfigured for the stock cams.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: