Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Engine case machine work

Now that we have decided to offer this service for the early 911 engines, I would like to inform those that may wish for a quicker turnaround than currently offered.

At present we are turning around cases in 4-5 days depending upon the pre boring work involved. This could stretch out to 10 days if we see any quantity coming in.

We are a high end race engine facility and our work is at low tolerance race level. This level is a little more expensive so maybe this will limit the volume we see and allow us to offer the faster turnaround.

All typical case work is performed along with some of our specialty work we have offered to our race customers over the years.

Next week Jeff (home built) will be here and he will show off the case work along with some of the other work we have done for him on his 1975 911 engine.

Neil Harvey
Performance Developments

949 6467461
Old 06-06-2018, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm going to need my 1971 2.2T case done (street driven), what is the best way to get a quote?
Old 06-07-2018, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Neil,

It is always good to have additional sources for work. Maybe you could list what machine work your shop does.

For example, Can you mill the mating surface and rebore/size the centerline?

Thank you.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 06-07-2018, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

We offer all of the required case repair work including surfacing and re bore main housing bore back to std.

However, what is often misunderstood, if the main housing bore is already over size, all that can be done in these instances, is to re bore back to same. Only std size main housing can be re bored back to std again.

We offer full cylinder head rebuilding, including CNC porting. With our involvement with Jeff's project, we have resurrected our air cooled line of work. We have many custom camshaft profiles, now a more modern Piston design along with our Italian made replacement connecting rods.

We typically design and build very custom engines, but now are offering some of this technology to the car owner who does not want a "hot rod" but something a little more modern.

As for costs, we try to not to give estimates until we see the part to repair, as often it is not what was thought to be. We supply a written quote prior to any work being started. If cost is the main driver here, we are not the place to send the work for repair. Quality and a quicker turnaround is what we offer.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: