View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Step one....I wet vacuumed the 2 inches of water out of the chassis. Removed the seats. Luckily the interior is RS style so not a lot of padding to mold and rot. Wiped down the surface rust without too much trouble. Our climate is super humid so it took a few days to dry out with fans etc.

The electric system which is bare bones appears to have shorted out. None of the gauges work, the light are on again off again. So the game plan is to start with the wiring.

Today I packed my tools in the trunk and took my boyfriend for an inaugural joy ride. Ran great until we stopped for a soda. When we started back home the car started acting like it was out of gas (it was full). Popped the hood and the fuel injector was leaking gas at a fast clip from the intake line. We got it patched enough to limp home. Tonight i will search the forums on fuel injectors and also try to figure out if the glass fuel filter is supposed to be half full or if that means there is a clog/malfunction.

Still, I smile every time I see this car. I have named her Mathilde ...Tilda for short.

the queen
1984 924s Nile Green Metallic with bone (totaled it in the snow in Cleveland, Ohio)
1983 911 White with Cherry Red...gave away (not enough time or money to keep it running) in 2001
Old 06-17-2017, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)