View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
I run my pump relays without the covers on - so I can see what is happening when I have issues.
The high load side is the pump circuit - which is the 30/87 leg. These two pins are basically connected by a set of contact points and solid metal thru the pins. So you would have to think the grade of metal is rubbish or the contact points were crap and produced a high current load. That side of the circuit is really basic. The other side (85/86) is just the low amp energiser for the solenoid pulling the contacts in. Light gauge wire which would short out (and fail) under any severe load. So you would have to conclude the 30/87 leg is made of rubbish material and the contacts likely burnt out - creating greater resistance/heat until..... But your fuse should really have blown before that (25A?) If you are still on stock wiring you can split the two relays out to separate fuses and halve the load on any fuse and run lighter fuses - which may at least prevent the melt down.
But you still have the problem with the crap relay.
Be interested to see what is found.
Alan
Hi Alan ,

I remembered before when I was using the German made Wuttrin relays its the 25 amp fuse that melted not the relay . I will update you guys to what caused the relay meltdown .

tdh888
Old 03-29-2018, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)